Source : Kukar-Kinney M. et Grewal D. (2006), Consumer willingness to claim a price-matching refund: a look into the process, Journal of Business Research, 59, 11-18.
Echelles 7 points
Perceived service quality
- Please rate the overall service quality you would expect to receive at this store
- (low-high quality)
- (much lower / higher than average quality)
- How likely would the store resolve any service request to your satisfaction (not likely at all- very likely)
Perceived difficulty of claiming
How do you believe it would be to request the refund for the lower price from the retailer ?
- (doable- not doable)
- (very easy – not easy at all)
Perceived likelihood to receive the refund
Assuming that you found a lower price elsewhere and requested the refund for the lower price from this retailer, what do you think iis yhe likelihood that you would actually receive the refund ?
- (Improbable – probable)
- (Unlikely – likely)
- (impossible – possible)
Willingness to claim the refund (from Srivastava 1999)
Assuming you purchased the @ at this tore, please rate the following statements
- the likelihood that I would request a refund for the price difference from this store if I find a lower price somewhere else after the purchase is (low-high)
- It is very probable that I will retunr to this store to obtain the lower price for @ if I find the same product for less in another store (strongly disagree- agree)
- My willingness to ask this store for the refund of the price difference if I later find out that another store is selling the very same product for less is (very low-high)
- It is very likely that I will claim a refund from this store if I later find this @ for a lower price elsewhere (strongly disgree-agree)